calls you bro? I understand what you are thinking:
Are you friend-zoned if a girl calls your bro? It’s a common expression for a “dude” expression.
But don’t panic. Your fate doesn’t depend on whether your crush calls you bro.
Surprised to learn that there are many reasons a girl may call you bro?
1) She is trying to be annoying
- This is the first reason. It’s a great way for you to see that expressions such as “bro” and “dude” don’t always mean exactly what you think they do.
- Many girls are aware that men don’t want to hear these things from them.
- Particularly if there are romantic undertones within your connection.
- It can be hurtful to hear from a girl that you’re attracted to, are in a crush on, or even have a relationship with.
- It makes it seem like you’re not sexually attracted. We know this.
- It is a subtle form of ammunition that can be used to make our sting.
- Although it may appear innocent, she might be able to see the truth underneath.
- Let me give you an example.
- As a youngster, I used to call my boyfriend “bro” from time to time. It drove him crazy.
- Sometimes, he would be a pain in his ass and I would “accidentally”, call him that just to piss him off.
2) She is deliberately trying to be cool
- If you are having a crush on someone and don’t want them to know it, calling him “bro”, can be a great way to get rid of him.
- She might feel embarrassed or shy about her feelings.
- She might call you bro to try to appear cool or casual. To keep you guessing, she might be trying to give mixed signals.
- It could be that she doesn’t want others to hear how she feels about you calling her bro.
- She might have a friend who is interested in you and she wants to let everyone know that she’s not flirting with you.
3) She wants you to react
Let me show you the scenario that girls might find themselves in. This is a scenario I have been in many times.
You can probably relate to this because it happens to men often.
A guy is your friend. Although you sense the chemistry between you and the guy, you don’t know his feelings about you. You don’t want to make a fool out of yourself. You might be reading too much into the world.
What do you do? You test the water.
While you want to understand his feelings, you don’t want him to reveal anything. You need to seek out ways to get more clarity from him in order to understand his feelings.
You can call him bro.
She may want to see your reaction. Although it is a subtle provocation, it can be used as a test. It’s her desire to know if you will be bothered.
She will sense that you are calling her bro back and acting like she is one the guys.
4) It is part of her image
- Despite stereotypical stereotypes of what is feminine and not, all girls are unique.
- Each person has their own unique way of communicating.
- Every girl is not “sugar and spices and all things nice”. Each woman and man has a unique mix of masculine and feminine energy.
- Some girls might use expressions such as “bro”, “man” or “dude”, but it could just be part of their image.
- If so, she probably isn’t into “girly” things. It’s less likely that she will be passively laughing at your jokes, and it’s more likely that she will feel like a member of the gang (even if that gang is mostly guys).
- This is not necessarily an expression of her feelings toward you. It could be a reflection of her personality.
5) It’s a habit
- Similar to the previous point, some girls say certain expressions so frequently that they can’t help but use them with almost everyone.
- You may not be aware that she said it.
- It can be used in many contexts. It’s not a pattern, but a way she interacts with others that makes it clear whether it is a habit.
- It doesn’t mean that she calls everyone “bro” or “dude”, but it could be a sign of something more. Don’t read too much into it.
6) She clarifies that she sees you only as a friend
- It’s not hard to believe that sometimes we send subtle signals to each other that say, “I just want friends.”
- One way to do this is by using friendly expressions or nicknames.
- It is not hard to see how terms like “buddy”, bro, and “kiddo”, have friend zone vibes.
- This doesn’t mean you can’t get out of the friend zone again. There are many things you can do.
- If you’ve been receiving other signs that you are in the friend zone then this could be another confirmation.
7) She is starting to pick up friend vibes from you
- She might seem like the friend who gives off the best vibes, but she may also think the same thing about you.
- You calling yourself “bro” might be an indication that she believes you want things to be simple.
- If she doesn’t know that you are interested, she won’t be willing to make the first move.
- Without realizing it, you might be sending off “I’m Not interested” signals.
8) She teases you
It can seem counterintuitive to flirting if you stop and think about it.
One of the strangest ways we show attraction is schoolyard teasing.
We can show interest by poking fun at others. If she calls you bro she might see it as an opportunity to playfully tease.
You might also notice other flirty signs if this is the case.
To determine if she’s using flirting tactics, pay attention to her body language and how much you get from her.
9) She is super comfortable around you
- If she calls you bro, it can indicate that she is comfortable in your company.
- She feels at ease around you and trusts in you.
- This level of comfort could also indicate that she views you as a friend.
- If she confides and seeks your advice, especially about other guys, then this term is more likely to be platonic.
10) She is trying to fit in
- All of us are looking for acceptance from our peers.
- Bro can be used to express your desire to be included in the group.
- Sometimes girls just want to feel special, even if it’s through being admired by men.
- You might be called bro by her because she wants to signify a special relationship between you.
- Friendship is the foundation of many relationships. Establishing a strong bond with your friends can make it easier to form new ones.
- How can you get a girl to stop calling you bro?
- Okay, there are many reasons why it might happen. What if a girl calls you bruh? Or bro?
- I don’t care why you are into this girl, but it’s hard to imagine you wouldn’t like to hear.
How do you react when your crush calls?
- Playfully, turn it around and give her some of your own medicine
- I’m not trying to be rude or moody with her. It’s not about irritating her back.
- Playful teasing is a good way to find out if a girl is using “bro”, or if she’s trying to provoke you.
- Jokingly, you might say something like:
- “Oh, ok DIE”
- “Sure MAN, whatever your words”
- “No problem SIS”
- Avoid exaggerating, or even winking. Keep the tone light and playful.
- It is important to let her know that it was noticed but to remain in control by not reacting negatively to it.
- Switch the energy between you
- Ask her to see you differently
- Let’s take a look at the worst-case scenario if a girl you love calls you bro.
- She just views you as a friend.
- You can still convince her to see you differently.