It is not easy to let go. It doesn’t matter if it’s a friendship, a close friend, or a job. Sometimes it’s hard to let go when we don’t want to.
It’s essential if we are to live a fulfilled and happy life.
To make it easier, I have collected 65 of my favorite quotes about letting go.
These are some of the best:
55 letting it go quotes quotations that will make it easier
1) “If someone or something is important to you, don’t hate them or hate them.” You have engraved everything and everyone you hate on your heart. If you don’t want to let go, you can hate.
2) “Some birds should not be kept in cages, that’s all. Their songs are too wild and their feathers too bright. You let them go. Or, when you open the cage for them to eat, they fly past you. “And the part of yourself that knew it was wrong to put them in prison in the first place rejoices. But, still, the place you live is that little more empty and drab for their departure.” Stephen King
3) “Letting go does not mean you aren’t caring about someone anymore. It’s about realizing that you have no control over anyone else.” Deborah Reber
4) letting it go quotes “We shouldn’t be afraid to change. While you may feel secure in the pond you are in, if you don’t venture out, you won’t know there is an ocean. C. JoyBell C.
QUIZ: Do you want your ex back? This question is often asked after a breakup. To help you find out, I have created a fun science-based quiz. You can take my quiz here.
5) “Incredible changes happen in your life when it’s time to take control over the things you have control over and not crave control over the ones you don’t.” Steve Maraboli
6) “It’s impossible to live without failing at something, unless one lives so cautiously that it might as well never have existed at all.” – J. K. Rowling
7) “Let Go of Certainty. The opposite of uncertainty is not possible. It is openness, curiosity, and the willingness to accept paradoxes rather than choosing sides. Tony Schwartz: Accepting ourselves as we are is the ultimate challenge. But, never stop learning and growing.”
8) “Renew and release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. It’s gone. There is nothing you can do. It’s impossible to “should’ve” done anything. Only you can do something. Renew your self. Let go of that attachment. “Today is a new day!” Steve Maraboli
9) “Some believe that holding on to and holding on are signs of great strength. But, sometimes it takes more strength to recognize when it is time to let go. – Ann Lander
10) “The moment I understood everything was the day that I stopped trying to figure it all out. “The day I found peace was when I let go of everything.” – C. JoyBell C.
(Related: To learn more about how to “re-attract your ex-boyfriend” and discover the six most dangerous relationship sins, read my article here.
11) “The only thing that a person can do is to keep moving forward. You can take a big step forward and not look back. “Forge ahead, forget the past.” – Alyson Neel
12) When you harbor resentment towards another person, it is a sign that you are bound to them by an emotional connection that is stronger than iron. Forgiveness is the only way you can break that link and get out. –Catherine Ponder
13) “I destroy my bridges behind…then I have no choice but to go forward.”
14) “Letting go doesn’t mean to let go. Let go is to allow things to be. Things happen when we are compassionate and let go.” Jack Kornfield
15) “You cannot embrace a new relationship, a new companion, a new career, or the new life you desire, if you still hold onto the baggage from the previous one.” “Let go… and embrace the possibilities that are waiting for you right in front of your feet.” – Steve Maraboli
(To learn how to let go of pain and feel less, download our bestseller eBook about Buddhism and Eastern Philosophy to Live a Better Life.
16) “When you let go of who I am, you become what you might be.” – Lao Tzu
17) “Letting go does not mean you aren’t caring about someone anymore. It’s simply realizing that you have no control over anyone else.” – Deborah Reber
18) “I am not what happened, I am who I choose to be.” – Carl Jung
19) “Letting Go is not a one-time event, it’s something that you have to do daily, over and again.” – Dawson’s Creek
20) You must leave the earth if you want to fly high in the sky. “If you want to move forward, let go of the past that dragged you down.” – AmitRay
21) “Unless you can let go, unless your forgiveness is unconditional unless the situation is forgiven unless the situation is resolved, then you will not be able to move on.” -Steve Maraboli
22) “If people love you, they will respect you. You must show them that you can live without them.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
23) “Most people forget most things over time. Even the war, the struggle for life and death that people endured, seems like something that happened in the distant past. Our lives are so busy that the past is no longer part of our daily lives. We have too many things to think about every day, and too many new things to learn. Yet, no matter how long it takes, and no matter what happens in the interim, some things are irreplaceable, memories that we will never forget. They will always be with us, like a touchstone.” Haruki Murakami
24) “The beautiful journey to today cannot begin unless we learn how to let go yesterday.” – Steve Maraboli
25) “One the best times to figure out who you are and what you want from life?” Right after a break-up.” – Mandy Hale
[Did know that Buddhism has a lot to teach us about letting our attachments go? Our latest eBook uses iconic Buddhist teachings to offer no-nonsense tips for living a better lifestyle. It’s available here.
26) “Today, expect something positive to happen to your life no matter what happened yesterday. The past is no longer your prisoner. If you keep it close to your heart, it will only continue to harm you. Let go of the past. “A simply abundant world awaits.” Sarah Breathnach
27) “The truth is, he now belonged to my past, so it was time that I accept it, however painful it may seem.” Tammara Webber
28) “Letting go is the greatest step to a simple life.” – Steve Maraboli
29) Forgiveness is the only way to find inner peace. Forgiveness means letting go the past and it is also a way to correct our misperceptions.” Gerald G. Jampolsky
QUIZ: What is your secret superpower? letting it go quotes Every person has a unique personality trait that makes them special and valuable to the world. My new quiz will help you discover your secret superpower. Take the quiz.
30) “let it go quotes. It’s easy to talk about. Open your hands by unfolding your fingers one at a time until you have your hand open. My hand is frozen shut for three years.
31) “letting it go quotes. The opposite of uncertainty isn’t possible. It is openness, curiosity, and the willingness to accept paradox rather than choosing sides. Tony Schwartz: Accepting ourselves as we are is the ultimate challenge. But, never stop learning and growing.”
32) “Detachment is letting go, and nonattachment is simply letting it be.” – Stephen Levine
33) “Pain won’t leave you, if you let go” – Jeremy Aldana
34) “letting it go quotes is the first step to learning how to get. It is important to enjoy life, not be strangled. Relax, allow it to happen, and then move on. It’s similar to boats. Keep your motor running so you can keep up with the current. When you hear the waterfall roaring closer, get out of your boat and put on your finest tie and hat. Then, light a cigar until you are done. It’s a victory.” Ray Bradbury
35) ” letting it go quotes It is easy to let go of self-absorbed people. It can be difficult to let go of someone you love and it’s extremely difficult to let someone go of an idea or belief in them. What makes it more frustrating is when they start to doubt it.
36) “letting it go quotes You might meet the right person, but it’s possible to fall in love with someone else. When you break up, you can lose everything and you will never feel the exact same again. Maybe you shouldn’t be asking why. Perhaps you should accept it and move on.” Winna Efendi
37) “Are your going to let the world change around you while you stay stagnant?” This is the time to let go of old habits and allow your best self to thrive. – Steve Maraboli
38) What happens when you give up, when all your strength is gone and you sink into despair? When there is nothing you or anyone can do, regardless of how desperate you feel. It’s perhaps then that you are saved and receive an unimaginable reward, even though you don’t have pride or power.
39) “They say that if you truly love someone, then you should be willing and able to let them go. That is exactly what I am doing. You will continue your journey, I’ll take a step back. I will let go. I am grateful for your happiness. I will listen to your voice far away. I will gaze at the moon. I will always have your number in my pocket. Your smile will be with me wherever I go, like a warm, comforting glow.” Tabitha Suzuma
QUIZ: Do I want my ex back? If so, you might be asking this question. To help you answer this question, I have created a fun science-based quiz. You can take my quiz here.
40) “Whatever comes let it come. What stays let remain, and what goes let go.” – Papaji
41) “let it go quotes moments that we can’t keep. We believe that we can hold onto certain moments, which is why we experience pain throughout our lives. We miss the beauty and miracle of the moment by clinging to experiences or people we have never had. You have all of this, but none of it is yours. It could not be! Look around you. All things are fleeting.
“Love and let it go, love & let go, love & let go, LOVE & LOVE, LOVE…it’s one of the most important lessons we can learn in our lifetime.” – Rachel Brathen
42) “If your goal is to fly in the sky, then you must leave the earth. You must let go of the past that has held you back in order to move forward. – Amit Ray
43) “It’s not lying or a lack of loyalty that ends a relationship. It’s the painful truth that only one person feels every day in their heart. It’s realizing you are only coping, not living. This is the false belief you can find a verse, phrase, or talk that will make you happy, complete, or carefree. It doesn’t last more than a few days before your mind and body go back to what they want. This is when you realize you have never left. It’s the moment when you realize that guilt, shame, or fear are the only things standing in your way of living the life God intended you to live.” Shannon L. Alder
44) “…When you let go of your expectations and accept the world as it is, you are free. To let go, is to be lightening up.” Richard Carlson
QUIZ: Ready to discover your secret superpower? This new quiz will reveal the most unique thing about you. Click here to complete my quiz.
(To find out more about resilience and how it can help your life, download our best-selling ebook on how to build mental toughness.
45) “Let’s forget about the battle. Relax and allow the world to unfold. Relax your body and let your heart open. Jack Kornfield: “Be open to what you see without fighting.”
46) letting it go quotes Tess. Even if things don’t go exactly as you planned.
What if it isn’t even close to what you want?
“Then, you can deal with it and continue to go.” – Lord Cynthia
47) “All that sorrow. All that anger. It is the smoke that gets in your eyes. It is the smoke that gets in your eyes.
48) “I keep picturing this river somewhere, the water moving very fast. These two people are in the water trying to hold on to each other. They try holding on as hard they can but it just becomes too much. The current is too strong. They have to let go and drift apart.” – Kazuo Ichiguro
49) letting it go quotes Don’t cling on to your self-righteous suffering. Let it go. . . . You can forgive yourself if you believe that there is anything too good to be true. If you insist on suffering, then you also insist on the suffering and pain of others. (90)” – Stephen Levine
51) letting it go quotes Spiritual seekers must be free from the attachment to their own smallness and get rid of me-me-me. If we can think about large ideas and stand in front of things that remind us of a huge scale, it will free us from complacency and acquisitiveness as well as our likes or dislikes. When we can sit still and allow our minds to drift to the vastness of space, the mind and heart will slow down and we feel a quiet joy. Recalling past experiences where we were generous or compassionate for the pure joy of it can help us feel more confident in the existence a deeper goodness. (39)” – Ravi Ravindra
52) letting it go quotes “Don’t give away things that you don’t love, but the things you like. It is not the gift’s size that matters, but its quality and mental attachment. Don’t let a positive urge spur you to bankruptcy and regret it later. Give. Consider giving small items. Pay attention to your mental processes as you release the little things that you like.” – Huston Smith
53) “There’s beauty all around us and the light is there for us when we see it.”
We are all part and parcel of this beauty, which is worth cherishing. We can only despise others if we don’t love ourselves. All people are beautiful. Even if they see themselves through your eyes, it is not a problem. We can see for all and be the mirror of what they may see.” – Tom Althouse
54) “Dare To Live by Letting Go” – Tom Althouse
55) letting it go quotes “Let’s go beyond living the Dream, by dreaming the Reality into a Reality Beyond the Dream.” – Tom Althouse